Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mistaken Expectations


A couple days ago I had a dream that has really stuck with me and I've decided to finally write it down.

I'm pushing my car around, trying to keep it from going into the river. I'm not driving it...I'm pushing it and pulling it and the river is rushing. There's someone else at the river bank. I open the door and a roll of toilet paper falls out and I can't catch it but it rolls away to a safe place where I can pick it up after I secure the car. The other person at the river picks it up and wants to throw it away; I yell, "Hey! I need that!"

As I'm pushing my car up the hill, I'm trying to get to school. I pass friends from my high school days along the way. I finally make it to class and the teacher doesn't care about how difficult it was for me to get there. It didn't seem as important as I thought it would be; the teacher was indifferent.

It was very frustrating.

I guess this dream represents the struggles I've had in my journey. The toilet paper is to clean up the crap (talk about literal symbolism). And it was all for what?

No comments:

Post a Comment