Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Waking Dreams


When I was a kid I used to have dreams while awake. They weren't ordinary "day dreams"; they were involved and detailed and fantastic as if I was sleeping. I called them "dinks"...dream-thinks.

The picture here is of a bead made by my friend Jodie McDougall called Enchanted Dreams. It represents a lot of my daily wishes in life...waking dreams.

I dream of making beads, beautiful and expressive and unique, every day, every time I sit at the torch. I dream of knowing each type of glass intimately enough that I don't think about it and use it lovingly, knowingly, to its perfect extent.

I dream that all my beads are purchased and that I do not have an overabundance of inventory or glass. I dream of being able to travel the world to visit my bead friends and learn new techniques.

I dream that I can make jewelry with my beads and that I have all the supplies needed and organized and that I love every piece enough to let it go to someone else.

I dream that I have a website that takes care of itself.

I dream that I have a housekeeper and cook to take care of daily chores that I don't have time to do because I'm too busy being artful and dreaming.

I dream, I dream, I dream of many things. But when it comes to art and creativity, mostly I dream of freedom from logical thought, freedom from worldly bounds and criticism, I dream, I dream, I dream to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment